Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Sunday, October 07, 2001
      ( 7:03 AM ) Jackie  

The Day After the Photoshop Day



I woke up at 5:30 this morning with the realization that the pictures of kitchen workers should be a collage with a "grace" that some of the children wrote as the centerpiece. I liked it so much I took it home with me. It says (in big black writing on bright yellow paper):

    It's time to grind.
    Enjoy your grub.
    Bless your food & the hands that made it!
    Let's get down with the grub!


The pictures I printed yesterday turned to crap overnight. I was sort of expecting that and am trying not to panic. One of the problems is that I'm having a disconnect between what I see on the screen and what prints out. I know, I know, a good screen presentation needs only 72 dpi and a print needs higher. What I don't know is why the pictures from my digital camera ended up in Photoshop at 72 dpi, or how to compress them. When I printed them from the Nikon thumbnails they were gorgeous. Now....not so great. I've gotten excellent prints from the digital in the past and don't know what's different. I'm going over to Graphic Converter to see if that helps. I hate technolgy. Okay, looking at a photo that came out really well at 8 x 10, I'm thinking I made an error in resizing these. Back to the drawing board. I think I'll call Choire for some help, a little later : )

I think I'd better make some coffee now.

One great achievement yesterday: I unclogged the drain in the kitchen sink. Plunge, plunge. Baking soda and vinegar. Boiling water. Plunge, plunge. I finally gave up on the earth-friendly approaches and got some Super X Draino. Draino. Boiling water. Draino. Boiling water. Nothing. Against the advice of the Draino folks I then used the plunger and more boiling water. Many times. Voila! The water went down the drain. Yeah! I could hook up the portable dishwasher and wash dishes. And now the sink is clear so I can wash the coffee pot.

See, there is a logical sequence to all this.

Sasha was smart. She went back to bed.

Coffe good! The pictures improved after I drank it. lol. And I had already framed several of them. They were in my (former) office. When I was layed off the Thursday before last I brought them home and forgot about them.

Photoshopping now!



email me

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger