Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Sunday, October 28, 2001
      ( 9:45 AM ) Jackie  

Pentagon's Public Relations Ploy



Things just get stranger and stranger, or perhaps just more reminiscent of futuristic novels I read in the sixties. I'm in the habit of poking around in some of my favorite media sites and following interesting threads.

This morning's find is a column by Norman Solomon in which he identifies the Public Relations firm, The Rendon Group, Inc.hired by the Pentagon to "provide strategic counsel". The intitial price tage doesn't sound that high, in the grand scheme of military things, a mere $397,000 over the next four months.
According to the Center for Defense information, a single B2 bomber costs $2.2billion dollars. Tomahawk missiles, which we seem to be "consuming" at a great rate are $1 million a pop, more if refitted with conventional explosives.

In this context, a mere $397,000 contract for PR is barely on the radar screen. I think we might want to keep track of the 2002 contract for which there is an option to renew.


I have to admit that the B-2 is quite beautiful, though.

By the way, you can purchase your own scaled down version of the B-2 at various online stores.

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger