Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Thursday, January 03, 2002
      ( 9:25 AM ) Jackie  

Happy New Year


Happy New Year! I'm still reeling the fact thatY2K is over, much less 2001.

I spent New Year's Eve with my sister Susan and her family. We hung out; Brooke gave Madison a pedicure, we listened to Madison's latest story, (She's likely to write a novel before I do!), watched Dr. Doolittle 2, and played Sorry. Oh and Susan put addresses in her new cell phone!

Sasha (dog) and I are in Ann Arbor, where it is sunny and beautiful.

As soon as we crossed the state line into Indiana, we began to see advertisements for fireworks. The first photo on our trip site shows one of the fireworks outlets.

We stopped on the way at the Indiana Dunes, where we had fun briefly exploring the dunes. Sasha romped like a puppy up and down the large sand hills.

It is an eerily beautiful sight at this time of year. The loveliness and quiet of the park and the lake make a contrast with the smokestacks from power plants a little further South. We climbed up Devil's slide, which was devoid of snow.

Perhaps that good exercise is why Sasha's still sleeping. It wasn't a terribly long drive, but there were icy areas, tons of semis, and slurpy snow on the windshield, so it was tough driving and I also slept long.

We're going to the U of Michigan to find some coffee and a place for Sasha to run around. This evening we'll meet up with Jaynor and Claudia and their dog.

I'm still reflecting on the year past and on my thoughts about next year.

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger