Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Sunday, February 03, 2002
      ( 11:07 AM ) Jackie  

State Murder



It rained off and on during the day on Monday, January 28th,, and there were threatening clouds when I left home around 8pm. By the time I had parked the car and walked to the quaint Village of San Quentin, the sky had cleared. The full moon, which earlier in the day hung like a stage prop over the East Bay hills, was now high in the sky. The Village is far enough from city lights that the stars shone brightly.

On the way to the prison gates I stopped briefly at a small public access way to the beach. This was one place where the view of the Bay Bridge was not dominated by the San Francisco skyline. The waves lapping gently against the shore belied the violent act planned for the coming morning at 12:01.

Some of the thousand or so people present to protest the murder had been at every execution since Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger