Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Saturday, March 09, 2002
      ( 8:16 AM ) Jackie  

ke anuenue


Driving down from the summit of Haleakala, I saw rainbow after rainbow. Some were fragments; some entire arcs. Several times I stopped at a turnoff to find the "end of the rainbow" a few feet from where I stood. Of course when I moved, so did it. I guess you can never get to the end of the rainbow. But what a treasure it is to try.

I took some photos of course; my autofocus didn't know how to focus on the rainbow. I rather liked that as a symbol of the mysterious and magical aspect of the rainbow.

Rainbows are very common on the East side of Maui since one is often driving from the sun to the rain. I like the way it rains so often and then then sun comes out. I got used to getting wet and drying off and going on about my business. It helps that it is warm and one wears few and light clothes.

Not like the cold rains we're having here in Oakland brrrrr.



Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger