Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Monday, April 08, 2002
      ( 11:17 AM ) Jackie  

Time Means Nothing ....


Time is a construct, sort of like a cookie cutter, that "we" use to help "us" organize the flow of experience. It's also useful when "we" interact with other collections of swirling particles that (for our own convenience) we identify as people and places.

Why, then, does my own collection of particles have such a difficult time with "Daylight Savings Time"? I would like to follow the lead of Bolinas, CA and just opt out. Bolinas has made ignoring the construct of time an art form. It is firmly rooted in experiences that it's residents liked, which many of us enjoyed in the 50's and 60's. Stores tend to open and close at the convenience of the owner.

But me, I turned my clock forward and ended up staying up late, waking up late and feeling loggy and out of sorts. And I'm blaming it all on Daylight Savings Time.

I've got a news flash for you! You can't save daylight.

If you want more daylight, get out of the house!

If you want to save energy, turn off the goddamn lights!

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger