Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Wednesday, May 08, 2002
      ( 1:04 PM ) Jackie  

Arise then...women of this day!


Arise, all women who have hearts!
......
From the voice of a devastated Earth a voice goes up with
Our own. It says: "Disarm! Disarm!
The sword of murder is not the balance of justice."


Julia Ward Howe's 1870 Mother's Day Proclamation rings as strong and true today as when she wrote it.

I know there is a women's peace march in Berkeley this Sunday, but so far all I've been able to find informationon is the Mother's Day Action Against Veal. A worthy action I'm sure, but not what I was seeking.

While I abhor the commercialilzation of Mother's Day, I wouldn't want to impose my views on others, so just in case you are into that aspect, here is my wish list to support you.

Ah! Here is the information on the Mother's Day Peace March in Berkeley:


Mothers’ Day Peace Pilgrimage
Sunday May 12, 2002
1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Convene in MLK Jr. Park, Berkeley

As with the veal, I'll probably pass on the prayer -- at least as it is normally understood -- but it sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon.



Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger