Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Monday, September 09, 2002
      ( 8:16 PM ) Jackie  

Advice from the Advice Nurse


I called the Advice Nurse at my Kaiser doctor's office today. She was very helpful. She did say that this flu (not a cold, darlings) will last 2-3 weeks!!!! So unless I run a high fever or continue sick for another couple of weeks I needn't worry.

So you won't have to call your advice nurse, I pass on what she told me to do:

Don't take aspirin
Do take advil etc for body aches
Don't take antihistamines
Do take Sudafed
Do take Robitussin DM (a cough suppressant and expectorant that will bring up the nasty stuff)
Drink AT LEAST 10-12 glasses of water a day.

She said that the body produces toxins to fight the virus and that is what is being flushed out.

Now, I hate taking these products but really need to feel better and get on with things! So here I go! Now, I want to know, does this flu have a name? I forgot to ask and she was really so very nice I didn't want to bother her by calling back.

In other news, I got the photos of the Great Volleyball Game processed today and will be putting them up in a few days. Very cute, that Tender Touch team!! And the straights were pretty cute too, especially the lesbian on the team!!!

You'll see what I mean.



Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger