Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Sunday, March 16, 2003
      ( 8:36 AM ) Jackie  

A Little Mystery Solved


Ha’iku Road was a mystery to us. Coming from Pa’ia, there are two Ha’iku Road turnoffs. The first gives mileage of 2 miles to Ha’iku and 7 miles to Makawao. The second gives mileage of 3miles and 8 miles, respectively.

To get to Tropo House we took the second turnoff and turned left at the 4-way stop. Very simple. We had gone to Makawao while at camp but took Kaupakulua Rd., which turns off the Hana Road nearer to camp. It was a pretty exciting road.

It stood to reason, we thought, that if we took the first Ha’iku Rd. turnoff we would end up at the same 4-way stop. We tried it. At night. We didn’t get to the 4-way stop. We ended up turning around and returning to Hana Rd. to take the second turnoff. A mystery for sure.

These pictures taken from Ha’iku Rd. explain the mystery!

In other news—I enjoyed the Bazaar at the Sacred Heart Church and School. I especially appreciated the dancing and singing by the Keiki (child) hula group.

I'm pretty sure that Jesus. liked it too



Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger