Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Wednesday, June 11, 2003
      ( 4:26 PM ) Jackie  

Cruelty from Canon


My new camera arrived today. I was surprised at how quickly it got here, since I chose the "Fed-Ex" saver option for $12.35. My hands shaking with excitement, I savagely slit the tape on the small box. There among the non-biodegradeable plastic "peanuts" was a smaller box.

I pawed throught the contents -- a pile of documents, some cables, and then at last my tiny prize, the Canon S400 Digital Elph Camera. I noted with satisfaction that it came with its own special battery and battery charger.

And then it struck me! I can't use the camera until I charge "its own special battery". I fumbled around with the battery, the battery case, and the charger and got it plugged into the outlet in the bathroom.

Now here I sit, forlorn, reading the manual and unable to play with the camera itself.

Ah, the cruelty of it all. It's just not right!

Meanwhile, I have downloaded a new version of Photoshop. I'm so happy I will no longer have to go to OS 9 to use Photoshop. Best of all, it has a terrific new feature -- making web slide shows. And just in time as I have been working on the photos from the February 2003 Congolese Dance and Drum Workshop.

I am so happy to be able to put up slide shows. I've spent many, many hours trying to do this with other products. I think they look great. The only thing I don't like is that the time between slides is not settable, and they've set it for 10 seconds. Still, you can select a photo from the thumbprints if you don't want to wait for the slide show. So far I haven't been able to find the code that sets this parameter. And probably shouldn't mess withit if I do. I'm sure it will be changed in some upcoming upgrade.

Check out the photo albums at our website to see how the slide show looks. (Some of the best photos are in the community photo albums from Maui 2003.)

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger