Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Sunday, January 11, 2004
      ( 12:30 AM ) Jackie  
I just bought my tickets for Maui!

I'll spend 10 days at the Congolese Dance and Drum Workshop and another week .... somewhere doing something. 'Somewhere' will probably be on Maui, though I'm thinking of going to one of the other islands where I have friends. 'Something' will include snorkeling, swimming at Little Beach and Red Sand Beach, driving up Mount Haleakala to celebrate the sunrise, meeting up with Maui Peace Action folks, and possibly getting a tatoo.

If anyone wants to buy me presents, an underwater camera would be nice. Later: disposable underwater cameras are supposed to be really good. Bet I can pick one up at Costco in Kahului...

It was hard to press that "purchase now" button, though. So many wonderful things to do here in Oakland that I had a difficult time deciding whether to spend time on Maui beyond camp. But then I remembered how drawn I am to the place and the people and how difficult it has been to leave on my last two trips, even after an "extra" week of vacation.

Aloha airlines has a great fare, too, and I didn't want to miss it. I decided not to use my mileage on American since they don't have a direct flight. Starting a physically demanding vacation with a 9-hour flight wasn't appealing in the face of a good fare. I'll have to make up for it by doing some traveling next year; I'm getting up to a hundred thousand miles.....

I think I'll go look at pix from previous trips.

Aloha!

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger