Google
WWW Oaktown Blogger
Oaktown Blogger
Monday, September 13, 2004
      ( 5:40 AM ) Jackie  

Insomnomania


I just hate an early morning like this one when I'm tired and can't sleep. I have sleep apnea and use a machine to help me keep breathing while asleep. It's slightly uncomfortable most nights, but I do not wake up 45.3 times per hour as I was doing without it.

The machine works by pushing air through the nose and into the throat thereby keeping the air ways open. Very charming and sexy!

I have a cold and my nose is stuffed up. So when the machine tries to push air up the nasal passages it has a hard time. This results in quite an unpleasant noise. Which keeps me awake.

By the time I figured this out I had thoroughly worried about the machine being broken (no warranty of course) and the mask needing to be replaced and world peace. So when I finally took the mask off and propped myself up at the requisite 45 degrees as an alternative to the machine I was too awake to get any rest.

So I got up just before 4am and I've done a little organizing of my very messy desk and put a Google search thingy on my blog.

Royal Coffee will be open in a few minutes and I'm going to pollute this holy temple of my body with some caffeine so at least I'll be alert while I'm awake.

Link this!
email me
0 comments




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:




Words and photos from Jackie in Oakland, CA. More I cannot tell you ... I won't know what it is until I do it.

Powered by Blogger